Many campuses are beginning to wrap up the semester and the school year. Here is an update from Millersville University!
“We are only a few weeks away from the end of another school year. Each year seems to fly by faster and faster. God is at work at Millersville, friends.
Over the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity to share the gospel a couple different times. The first was with a non-Christian student who has been coming to RUF for a little over a year. He has had a rough spring semester and, when we met, he had a bunch of questions. He is listening in Large Group and attends our guys group on Wednesdays. He had serious questions about how God and faith work. I don’t think he has given his life to Jesus yet, but he is on his way.
The second story is one where I got to encourage a Christian student. In one of our small groups she was in a discussion regarding God’s sovereignty and predestination. The conversation, unintentionally, shook her faith a little bit. She became concerned that maybe “she wasn’t in.” Again, I had the privilege and joy to tell her about God’s love and faithfulness that comes through Jesus.
As a Campus Minister/Pastor, these are moments that you cling to. They don’t happen every day, but when they do, they drive you further on. Thank you for faithfully praying for our ministry. Here are a couple things you can continue to pray for:
- Pray for students as they finish their academic year.
- Pray for Summer Conference
- Pray for our finals week events
- On May 7 we will host “Bricks and Breakfast” which will be a ministry to the campus where they can rest from studying and exam taking by stopping by our table on campus, build legos and eat a donut (or two).
- 6th Annual 12 Hour Open House: Joy and I will open our house on May 9 for 12 hours for students to get some good food, refresh, see friends, watch movies. This is a big tradition for us.
Thanks for praying for us. God is at Work!!”